CLP Resource Guide
A 28-page guide to developing a great board of directors for your Community Leadership Program.
Behind every great Community Leadership Program (CLP) is a group of individuals – be they board members, trustees or advisory committees – who make that program run. We sought to create a resource guide that captured some of the different types of boards that exist in the world of CLPs. This is not so much a how-to manual as a thought-provoking resource for creating or strengthening your community leadership program.
This 28-page guide features the following topics:
- Defining the Program’s Purpose – examples of vision, mission and goal statements.
- Board Structures – examples, benefits and considerations to help you choose the structure that’s right for you.
- Bylaws and Program Manuals – questions to use when developing your program.
- Roles – short and useful sample job descriptions.
- Developing a Program Calendar – a wide variety of ways to deliver your program.
- Evaluation – ideas for measuring effectiveness of your CLP.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR TAX EXEMPT ORGANIZATIONS
Email a copy of your tax exemption certificate to [email protected]. Thane will set up an account for you with your email. He will let you know this has happened with a confirmation email from our office with your new account password. When you go to checkout in the KLC Store, you will see a message “Returning Customer? Click here to log in.” Click to open, then fill in the two blanks (your email and password Thane sends). Then click ‘remember me.’