Frequently Asked Questions
Where are the leadership programs held?
Kansas Leadership Center & Kansas Health Foundation Conference Center
325 E Douglas Ave
Wichita, KS 67202
Kansas City programs
Our Kansas City programs are held at various locations. Please see your registration confirmation email for more information.
What food options are available during the programs?
We take hospitality seriously and want you to feel at home when you join us for one of our programs. As part of our commitment to creating healthier communities, our chef team Marge and Chris, provide healthy options for all meals served during our programs (included in the cost of your experience). Please see your program agenda for which meals are included. For meals not included, our staff has compiled a list of our unapologetically biased local favorites here.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your Leadership Edge and KLC Guidebook are required for all three core programs:
- Your Leadership Edge
- Lead for Change
- Equip to Lead.
- A jacket or sweater. The temperature inside and outside our building tends to fluctuate (we are in Kansas after all). We encourage you to bring what you need to be comfortable.
What is the training transfer/cancellation policy?
Cancellations or transfer requests are welcome up to one week prior to the start of your program. Please contact email@example.com to submit your request.
1. KLC will not issue a refund should you need to cancel within one week of the program start date.
2. KLC will not consider transfer requests within one week of the program start date.
3. If you are not able to attend, please do not try to find a replacement. Our programs are highly individualized and not designed for swapping participants.
4. If you are part of the Leadership Transformation Grant, a last-minute cancellation will deduct a spot from your total.
What do participants usually wear?
Whatever you feel comfortable learning in. No need to dress up more than business casual and jeans are perfectly acceptable.
Do you have accommodations for new mothers?
Yes! We have a dedicated pumping room that has received a gold-level designation from the Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition. Just ask and we’d be glad to help you get settled in.
For those driving to Wichita, we are located on Douglas Avenue between Broadway and Topeka. Find a map and directions here. If you are flying into Wichita, we are located 7 miles east of Dwight D. Eisenhower National Airport in the heart of downtown.
Where do you recommend staying?
We recommend these nearby hotels:
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview
400 W. Douglas Ave. Wichita, KS
Prices range from $112 for 4+ nights or $122 nightly
Amenities: Free Hot Breakfast & PM Buffet, WIFI, Attached Parking Garage, 24-hour Airport Shuttle Service, & AVI Restaurant/Bar attached.
Mention Corporate Code: 329113 ($112, 4+ nights) or 320741 ($122, 1-4 nights)
Located ½ mile from KLC
Hotel at OldTown
830 East First Wichita, KS
Prices) range from $123 – $173
Amenities: Gold Cap experience including 20% off select local restaurants, VIP Entertainment Access, Free Parking
Mention Corporate Code: KLC
Located ½ mile north and east of KLC
Ambassador Hotel Wichita
104 S. Broadway Wichita, KS
Prices range from $121-149 + $12 Self park, $18 Valet park
Mention Corporate Code: 0BK
Located within easy walking distance, two doors west of KLC
Fairfield Inn and Suites Downtown by Marriott
525 S. Main St. Wichita, KS
Prices range from $109 – $129
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi, Breakfast, and Garage Parking
Mention Corporate Code: 5×2
Located ½ mile from KLC
400 W. Waterman St. Wichita, KS
Amenities: Free Wi-Fi & Airport Shuttle
Mention Corporate Code: CR48812
Located ½ mile from KLC
For those with a more adventurous spirit related to lodging accommodations, we recommend Airbnb, a website where you can book a space from a local host with space to spare. More information here.
Where do I park?
The Kansas Leadership Center is located at 325 E. Douglas, Wichita, Kansas 67202 on the SW corner of Douglas and Topeka. There are several parking options (download pdf map here):
1. Block One Parking Garage, located at 360 E. William, directly south of the Kansas Leadership Center – $6.00/day
2. Williams Street Garage, located at 121 S. Emporia Street, on the corner of Topeka and William to the SE of the Kansas Leadership Center – $5.00/day
3. Flat Parking Lot, located at 214 S. Broadway Avenue, directly south of the Block One Parking Garage on the south side of William (This lot uses a mobile payment app. Please find instructions here.) – $5.00/day
See a Google map of the area here.
Should I plan to rent a car?
If you are staying in a hotel, all of our recommended hotels are within walking distance, though some are a bit of a hike. A shuttle service may also be available to KLC. We encourage you to check with your hotel to know for certain.
You may also consider:
Uber is a phone app that can connect you with trusted drivers in Wichita. Learn more here.
During limited hours, a free trolley runs through downtown Wichita. Learn more and see the route.
If these options don’t suit you, renting a car is definitely an option.
Do you offer discounts?
The Kansas Leadership Center offers scholarships to individuals that believe leadership is an activity, not a position and anyone can learn to exercise leadership at any time. We never want cost to be a barrier for participants. Eligibility is determined by the following criteria:
1. Work directly contributes to KLC’s mission to foster civic leadership for healthier Kansas communities
2. Knowledge of KLC framework will impact others
3. Ability/avenue to share the KLC ideas
4. Financial need
If you need assistance with the program registration fee, please complete the application online here.
What is there to do in Wichita?
Glad you asked! We’re proud of our location within Kansas’ largest city and invite you to explore some of our staff fav choices for best places to experience while you’re here. Ask us if you’d like more details and directions from KLC.
See our list of Things to Do in “Doo-Dah” here.
Who is welcome to attend?
Short answer: Anyone who wants to become equipped with leadership skills to move forward. We aspire to reach and help people lead throughout the world and strongly believe anyone from Kansas to Kathmandu all have the potential.
We do ask that participants are 21 years of age or older.
We also offer an online experience, which obviously can be accessed from anywhere on the planet.
Can I create a custom training for my organization?
We do offer custom offerings designed to meet your organizations’ specific leadership needs. Start here.
I’d like a speaker for an event. Can you provide one?
We’d be delighted to consider your request. Start here.
What resources do you have available?
We’ve created a number of books to help you and others learn leadership. See and purchase all of them here.