Leadership Transformation Grants
An opportunity to make lasting change within your organization.
2020 Grants have been awarded. Read the announcement about our 2020 grant partners or learn more about the process below. The application window for grants in 2021 will be announced in spring of 2020.
The Kansas Leadership Center (KLC) is committed to fostering leadership for stronger, healthier and more prosperous Kansas communities. To realize this vision, more people must exercise leadership effectively. Through the Leadership Transformation Grant, KLC partners with organizations to help them manage change and make lasting progress. We are looking for partners across the state to embrace KLC’s leadership framework to transform their organization.
The Leadership Transformation Grant is up to a three-year partnership that will help your organization achieve transformation. With the three-phase process outlined below, your organization will develop a shared language for problem solving, greater collaboration skills and the internal capacity to address and intervene in your most daunting adaptive challenges. The KLC leadership framework will enable your organization to evolve and thrive in the years to come. The grant is valued at up to $150,000 worth of leadership training, coaching, consulting and grant support. Organizations are responsible for purchasing books for each program and any funds for travel, lodging and non-program meals.
Core Team Responsibilities
Each organization will select 3-6 individuals to share in the responsibilities of this grant by serving on the Core Team. Because these individuals are critical to the success and implementation of the grant, one of the Core Team members must be a senior authority within your organization. The following is a list of responsibilities for the Core Team:
- Attend KLC events and programs.
- Send and support participants.
- Participate in regular evaluation efforts.
- Utilize KLC resources, coaching and consulting.
KLC will select grant partners based on the following criteria:
- Organization serves Kansas residents
- Organization has a limited budget for leadership development
- Organization has people who’ve been exposed to KLC’s ideas
- Organization has a desire to embrace a culture of leadership
- Organization has an ability to recruit a range of 10-80 participants into KLC programs
- KLC will also take into consideration the demographics and geographic location of each organization
Groups That Should Consider Applying
- COMMUNITY MINDED BUSINESS: Associations, chambers, rotary clubs, young professional groups
- EDUCATION: School districts, school support organizations, educational networks, universities
- FAITH: Churches, Islamic societies, temples, district level entities, collaborative faith alliances
- GOVERNMENT: City, county, state governments
- NON-PROFITS: Community foundations, coalitions, health organizations, social advocacy organizations
Click below to view the list of the current year’s Transformation Grant partners, organized by the sectors listed above.
Learn about our recent grant partners
How to Apply
Application questions are posted here and can be submitted at a date to be announced, typically between June and August of each year. KLC reviews grant applications and normally makes final decisions by end of September. In the fall, Leadership Transformation Grant recipients send Core Teams to the Kansas Leadership Center in Wichita for a day of learning and planning, with an evening reception to celebrate the new grantees. For more information on the grant, please contact Ashley Longstaff at email@example.com.
Leadership Transformation Grants—Overview
Watch this video to learn why leadership is the answer to the challenges your organization or community is facing.