Following Your Leadership Edge and the Lead for Change experiences, complete your training with the final step on the path. In this 2-day program, learn to communicate, facilitate and incorporate core leadership ideas into your context so real change can happen.
2020 Program Dates
May 13-14 | August 19-20 | October 13-14 | December 2-3
Registration closes two weeks prior to each program.
All sessions will be at the Kansas Leadership Center – 325 E. Douglas Wichita, KS 67202.
Clearly communicate KLC ideas.
Practice and receive feedback.
Leave ready to share KLC ideas with others.
What is Equip to Lead?
You’ve been through our first two programs and are now invested in spreading KLC ideas in your system. Equip to Lead is designed for individuals and teams who see a need to build the capacity of more people in their system to exercise leadership. We give you the skills to gain confidence in seizing opportunities as well as practical resources to share KLC ideas. Learn and practice facilitation techniques you need to build leadership in others and to foster a culture of leadership within your organization.
In addition to strengthening your grasp of our framework, you’ll learn to clearly communicate KLC ideas, receive feedback and support from highly trained teachers, engage with other alumni and leave with skills to apply immediately in your particular context.
By attending Equip to Lead, you’ll join others with a common aspiration: to equip more people to move forward on what you care about within your organization, business or community. Remember, leadership starts with you but must engage others. Learn how to equip others to join you in making progress on what matters most to you and your organization.
With Equip to Lead, you’ll show others they can lead, too. Here’s how:
- Continue to internalize and more consistently execute the KLC competencies in your work.
- Develop confidence to seize opportunities to share the KLC ideas.
- Outline interventions to spread KLC ideas in your system. Plan purposeful conversations, meetings and sessions to introduce and encourage application of KLC ideas.
- Practice skills for engaging others in adaptive work, including facilitation skills to support learning and application of KLC ideas in your organization or community.
- Experience giving and receiving feedback from peers.
- Get feedback and consultation from experienced KLC team members about your team’s plan for communicating KLC ideas.
Tuition Fee: $449
Day 1 | 9 AM – 5 PM
Day 2 | 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
This course will build on the texts used in the Your Leadership Edge and Lead for Change programs – KLC Guidebook (coming in 2020) and Your Leadership Edge. More details regarding pre-work are included in an e-mail you’ll receive upon registering.
Have questions or want more information? Contact KLC Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 316.712.4950.