Instructions for Kansas Tax Exempt Organizations
Email a copy of your Sales and Use Tax Entity Exemption Certificate to [email protected]. We will set up an account for you with your email. We will let you know this has happened with a confirmation email from our office with your new account password. When you go to checkout in the KLC Store, you will see a message “Returning Customer? Click here to log in.” Click to open, then fill in the two blanks (your email and password we send). Then click ‘remember me.’ Organizations outside of Kansas are not charged sales tax.
If you need to purchase with a Purchase Order, please order at www.watermarkbooks.com.
The Journal – Fall 2022 – Can One City Have Two Languages?
Emporia embraces the possibility of becoming a bilingual city
As Kansas diversifies, more communities will wrestle with bridging linguistic differences. Spanish speakers know the importance of learning English. But in Emporia, a small group of English speakers are working to make their city more welcoming to newcomers by learning Spanish. Is it a first step on a road to a bilingual and more cohesive community?
Other stories include:
- What’s the future for Kansas community colleges?
- Forging healthier relationships between athletes and community college towns
- The challenge of fostering consensus on racial justice and equity
- Scholastic target shooting becoming a growing, inclusive sport
- Learning to live with deadly blue-green algae in Kansas
- Being in on the joke at Fredonia’s Sausage Fest
- How rural restaurants are returning from the brink
- How a database might help keep bad police officers off the streets