The Kansas Leadership Center offers three intensive courses for leadership developers pursuing certification:
Leadership Coaching the KLC Way
Become a KLC Certified Leadership Coach. Everything you need to prepare to apply to ICF for your ACC credential.
60 hours of International Coach Federation (ICF) approved training.
5 day Intensive Training – July 30-Aug. 3, 2018.
20 hours of virtual training including Coaching to Make Progress on Adaptive Challenges.
Practice with feedback from ICF Certified mentor coaches.
Structured reflection and debriefing with colleagues and mentors.
Knowledge assessment, tape review.
Hone your coaching skills in the context of KLC’s proven leadership development framework.
- Experience coaching as an act of leadership based on the KLC principles and competencies.
- Experience the possibilities for transformation and progress in a leadership coaching partnership.
- Learn and practice all 11 ICF Core Coaching Competencies.
- Prepare to coach professionally or put skills to use in your context.
Intensive Date: July 30-Aug. 3, 2018.
Deadline to apply: June 18, 2018.
Payment due: June 29, 2018.
Kansas Rate: $1,395 (subsidized by a grant from the Kansas Health Foundation); Out of state: $3,850. Payment plans available.
More information or questions: Contact Brittany Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Case-in-Point is a powerful teaching methodology in which you, the practitioner, use a class or team as case study for learning about leadership. Because the Case-in-Point method is so challenging for both teacher and learner, it can be hard to find a space to practice and learn through trial-and-error. At KLC you’ll find like-minded colleagues and a strong support system of experienced practitioners. Our Case-in-Point Intensive and Certification give you the training and support you need to make fullest use of this powerful teaching method.
Prepare to use the Case-in-Point method in your teaching and consulting.
- Develop skills to identify patterns, roles and system dynamics.
- Learn to manage yourself when the heat gets high.
- Get real time feedback from peers and KLC’s master practitioners.
- Practice using Case-in-Point in front of a live audience.
- Receive personalized mentoring.
- Connect with other accomplished leadership development professionals.
Through the intensive and follow-up mentoring you’ll learn:
- The purpose of Case-in-Point and underlying assumptions.
- A framework for designing and delivering a Case-in-Point session.
- Different types of interventions and a range of potential CIP moves.
- How to reveal hidden issues, assumptions and interpretations within a group.
- How make conscious choices in the moment about regulate the heat.
- How to recognize common group dynamics, patterns and roles.
- How to identify cases in real time and connect them to leadership competencies and behaviors.
To register for the Case-in-Point Intensive and certification process you must have a high level of understanding of leadership on adaptive challenges (through training at KLC, Harvard Kennedy School APLD or permission of the program chair).
2018 intensive dates coming soon
Questions? Contact Brittany Engle at email@example.com.
Teach Leadership Certification will prepare leadership development practitioners to teach the Kansas Leadership Center framework with a high level of excellence. This course provides 50 hours of professional training in alignment with KLC principles and competencies.
Through the 5-day (35-hour) intensive, you will:
– Develop greater confidence as a leadership development practitioner
– Gain a deeper understanding of the KLC framework
– Utilize adult learning theories to design effective programming
– Develop front-of-room presence and develop foundational teaching skills including group engagement and facilitation, designing and asking powerful questions, story development and telling
– Modify KLC teaching methods to your own context
– With a team, design and deliver a three-hour leadership development program in front of a live audience of KLC alumni
Continue the learning toward KLC’s Teach Leadership Certification:
Written knowledge assessment.
Six hours of virtual group mentoring.
Three hours of shadowing a Proficient or Master Teacher.
Six hours of teaching in a classroom or team leadership development setting.
Final written reflection.
KLC will help you every step of the way. Here’s the path.
Intensive date: March 19-23, 2018
Deadline to apply: Feb. 5, 2018
Day 1: 10:00-5:15 Reception at KLC to follow
Day 2: 8:30-5:15
Day 3: 8:30-5:15
Day 4: 8:30-5:30 Reception off-site to follow
Day 5: 8:30-3:00
Kansas rate: $1,395
Out of state/international Rate: $3,850
Payment due: Feb. 19, 2018
The texts for this course include KLC’s Teaching Leadership book (to be purchased prior to the program), KLC’s Framework for Developing and Assessing Teaching Proficiency and a Teach Leadership handbook, which will be provided during the program.
Have questions or want more information? Contact Brittany Engle at firstname.lastname@example.org.