Instructions for Kansas Tax Exempt Organizations
Email a copy of your Sales and Use Tax Entity Exemption Certificate to [email protected]. We will set up an account for you with your email. We will let you know this has happened with a confirmation email from our office with your new account password. When you go to checkout in the KLC Store, you will see a message “Returning Customer? Click here to log in.” Click to open, then fill in the two blanks (your email and password we send). Then click ‘remember me.’ Organizations outside of Kansas are not charged sales tax.
If you need to purchase with a Purchase Order, please order at www.watermarkbooks.com.
The Journal – Fall 2023 – Baby Bust Grips Kansas
What does the future hold? A decline in births and outmigration from Kansas will bring ripple effects that could leave state and local policymakers with difficult choices.
In the Fall edition cover story of The Journal, a decline in births and outmigration from Kansas will bring ripple effects that could leave state and local policymakers with difficult choices. Many public school systems already face the prospect of closing attendance centers. But the implications will ultimately carry over to the state’s public universities, its workforce and its economic development efforts. And it’s not clear what might be or ought to be done.
Other stories in this edition of The Journal include:
- A Crucial Moment for Growth Arrives: The Journal asks for your support.
- Journalpedia: Facts and figures from the Fall edition.
- Connecting Threads: A patchwork of short items and updates of interest.
- When the Bough Breaks: Reckoning with a baby bust.
- Will a ‘Demographic Cliff’ Threaten Colleges and Universities, too? Declining birth rates will ripple broadly.
- Replacing the Work of the Irreplaceable: Adapting to the loss of a ubiquitous health advocate.
- Going from Rut to Groove: Improving the climate for entrepreneurs in Seward County.
- Fruitful Opportunities: Uncorking the wine industry in Kansas.
- Skip the Salt and Sauce: A juicy honor for a no-frills steakhouse.
- Raising the Flag for All: Patriotism through a braille American flag.
- Celebrating an Elusive Greatness: Honoring the epic career of NFL great Barry Sanders.
- A New Horizon Takes Shape: How renewable energy is changing Kansas views.