Instructions for Kansas Tax Exempt Organizations
Email a copy of your Sales and Use Tax Entity Exemption Certificate to [email protected]. We will set up an account for you with your email. We will let you know this has happened with a confirmation email from our office with your new account password. When you go to checkout in the KLC Store, you will see a message “Returning Customer? Click here to log in.” Click to open, then fill in the two blanks (your email and password we send). Then click ‘remember me.’ Organizations outside of Kansas are not charged sales tax.
If you need to purchase with a Purchase Order, please order at www.watermarkbooks.com.
Video – Explore Multiple Interpretations
Show this video to help students learn to make smarter leadership decisions when you explore multiple (and tough) interpretations.
What do multiple interpretations have to do with leadership? In this two-and-a-half-minute video, the KLC team launches your discussion about how important it is to slow down and consider all points of view before jumping to action. Use the video to underline key leadership ideas such as:
- Spending time in diagnosis is an act of leadership.
- Leadership means stepping into the shoes of multiple stakeholders.
- Leadership means asking difficult questions.
- Don’t be satisfied with your first interpretation or the one you are most comfortable with.
- Sometimes, you are part of the mess.
- Interpretations are tough when they require people to doing something different.
After the video, invite people to reflect on a current challenge. In your team or classroom, push one another to consider multiple tough interpretations. Encourage folks to stay in diagnosis. It’s human to want to jump to action. Resist the temptation. It’s human to love our own stories. Keep pushing for more. Teach your group to cushion tough interpretations with phrases such as:
- “Another way of looking at this might be…”
- “Another interpretation could be…”
- “Someone who doesn’t agree with us might say…”
The video runs 2:31 minutes and features Your Leadership Edge co-author Amanda Cebula with Julia Fabris McBride and Shaun Rojas. Use it on its own or assign Part 1 (pages 14-55) in Your Leadership Edge: Diagnose Situation.