Instructions for Kansas Tax Exempt Organizations
Email a copy of your Sales and Use Tax Entity Exemption Certificate to [email protected]. We will set up an account for you with your email. We will let you know this has happened with a confirmation email from our office with your new account password. When you go to checkout in the KLC Store, you will see a message “Returning Customer? Click here to log in.” Click to open, then fill in the two blanks (your email and password we send). Then click ‘remember me.’ Organizations outside of Kansas are not charged sales tax.
If you need to purchase with a Purchase Order, please order at www.watermarkbooks.com.
The Journal – Winter 2022 – Homecoming: Honoring Black History in Small-Town Kansas
How one small Kansas town is using conversations about race and history to bring people together
A history of African American settlement in Stafford County was largely forgotten or ignored for decades. Leadership from unusual places recently helped preserve and elevate that past. Descendants of the Exodusters returned to central Kansas this past fall for a homecoming weekend to establish connections with once unknown ancestors. The event proved emotional for both visitors as well as residents trying to come to terms with the good and bad of their local history.
Other stories include:
- An outline of The Journal’s future by Journal executive editor Chris Green
- A mother’s efforts to use public records to bring about community change
- Excerpts from the winners of the Keep the Republic essay contest
- A look at how the digital divide is narrowing in rural areas
- A candid take on running for office by a first-time candidate and Latina
- How the Kansas mental health is poised to take big steps forward
- An examination of the impact and purpose of nondiscrimination ordinances
- Columnist Mark McCormick on the link between equity and leadership