LEADERSHIP TRANSFORMATION GRANTS
Leadership Transformation Grants
An opportunity for civically engaged Kansas organizations and entities to significantly increase leadership capacity.
The Kansas Leadership Center (KLC) is a non-profit organization committed to fostering leadership for stronger, healthier and more prosperous Kansas communities. We are generously funded and supported by a core operating grant from the Kansas Health Foundation. This allows us to provide first-class leadership training opportunities to organizations and civic entities interested in having more people skilled in exercising leadership.
Since 2007, KLC has trained more than 7,500 from all over the world. Although our roots in our home state are deep, our reach spreads beyond state borders. People visit us from as far away as Australia, India, Saudi Arabia and Ireland along with countless states across America.
Since launching the Leadership Transformation Grant, KLC has awarded grants to around 100 Kansas organizations.
KLC will offer up to 1,200 spots for up to 35 organizations. Each grant is valued at up to $50,000 worth of leadership training and support in 2018 and covers 100 percent tuition for any of the three core leadership trainings in 2018.
Core leadership trainings include:
- You Lead Now – a 2.5-day introduction to KLC’s leadership framework centered on your own challenge
to help you lead more effectively.
- Lead for Change – a 2-part, 7-day extensive leadership training designed to help you create lasting culture change within your organization or community, while providing you 1:1 support from a KLC coach.
- Equip to Lead – a 2-day training designed to help you teach, facilitate and incorporate leadership ideas into any context.
How does it work?
Partners will receive up to 80 slots into any core leadership training and have one year to fill those slots. Any unused slots will be forfeited at the expiration of the grant in December 2018. Please note that the grant does not cover the cost of travel, lodging, books and some meals.
Partners have the flexibility to send participants to any program throughout the year. They do not have to attend all at once and one person can attend multiple programs within the year, but this will take up multiple slots.
Who is eligible to apply?
Organizations from Kansas that are working for the common good and have a limited budget for staff development. We have packages available if you have a budget for training and would like to purchase slots in to KLC programs at a reduced rate.
Anyone can apply here in Kansas but here are some types of groups we could imagine applying:
- Education: School districts, school support organizations, PTOs, school boards
- Community-Minded Business Organizations: Civic clubs, business associations, economic coalitions
- Government: City, county or state entities
- Non-Profits: Community foundations, United Ways, community coalitions
- Faith: Churches, district-level entities and collaborative faith initiatives
We are also especially interested in increasing partnerships with organizations which serve Latino populations and Kansas elected officials.
Consideration is given to the following:
- Organizations must be based in Kansas or have a large audience in the state.
- Show significant promise in ability to recruit individuals to KLC trainings.
- Ability to help KLC reach goals around diversity (racial, gender, geographic).
- Ability to financially support participants through travel and lodging for trainings in Wichita.
- Clarity around desire to develop leadership capacity in order to address tough issues within the organization or community.
If you haven’t attended a KLC program, you can register for any You Lead Now before September.
- Selection will take place by September 30.
- Selected partners are required to attend a Strategy Workshop on October 17 in Wichita.
- The 2018 program calendar will be completed by October 2017 and online registration will be open shortly after.
- Participants must attend out of their own volition and not be part of a mandatory requirement.
Deadline to apply: September 1, 2017. Deadline extended to Sept. 11.
Want to learn more?
We’ll host a pair of webinars to discuss the grants:
- 10 a.m. June 16
- 1 p.m. June 30
FOR MORE INFORMATION: Contact Thomas Stanley at 316-712-4958 or tstanley@KansasLeadershipCenter.org