Civic Leadership for the Common Good: Our Response to COVID-19
As an organization established by the Kansas Health Foundation to foster healthier Kansas communities, the Kansas Leadership Center affirms that our highest priority remains the health and safety of our participants, staff and the wider public. As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to upend our lives at work, at home and in our communities, however, our mission to foster leadership for a stronger, healthier and more prosperous Kansas has never been more vital and urgent. Accordingly, we continue to adapt the ways we foster that leadership right now. The delivery of our leadership development training is changing to meet the demands of the moment.
Our Facilities are Shut, but We’re Open Online
To ensure the health and safety of participants, staff and the general public during the novel Coronavirus pandemic, we have taken the following precautionary measures:
- Our facilities are currently closed to the public until further notice;
- Until further notice, programs and events have moved online as virtual experiences instead of at our facilities in Wichita;
- Our staff are currently working remotely. We continue to answer our main phone number (316) 712-4950, and individual staff members are available via phone and email as normal. Our virtual office hours will remain 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Status of Our Signature Training Programs
To ensure our training remains accessible, programs have moved online and will be held as virtual experiences until further notice.
Free, Interactive Online Training
As a community service during this extraordinary health crisis, we are offering free, interactive online training, Tuesday and Wednesday each week. To explore these offerings and see the schedule of our virtual learning experiences, click the button below.
On Demand Services
In addition to our calendar of live training events, KLC’s websites offer numerous on-demand services:
- Yourleadershipedge.com: extensive online learning resources (via monthly or annual subscription);
- KLCjournal.com: weekly stories from our award-winning magazine on leadership challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Kansas;
- The KLC Store: Books, magazines and tools for teaching and learning to help you exercise leadership and share our ideas and curriculum with others.
Ongoing Support for Our Partners
If you are with a community leadership program, an organization that has received a Leadership Transformation Grant, or a custom training partner, we are committed to supporting your leadership development journey through during this time. To review current services available to you, click the button below.
We’ll Stay in Touch as Things Evolve
In this time of uncertainty, our decisions have followed and will continue to follow recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), guidelines from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment and decisions from Sedgwick County and the City of Wichita. We will communicate with our partners and the public as the situation changes and our responses and offerings evolve. For the latest updates, check our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram) or visit our website.
We encourage you to visit the official websites of the CDC and the KDHE. If you have questions about COVID-19, call KDHE’s hotline from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday at (866) 534-3463 or email [email protected].
We’ve all been hearing about, experiencing and speaking to great loss lately. And we know the loss will continue. As the late Reggie Robinson, president and CEO of our parent organization, the Kansas Health Foundation, put it so well in an email when the pandemic first exploded, “The coming weeks will be filled with uncertainty, anxiety, and profound challenge for all of us. And as we confront that set of challenges, it is especially important for us to take care of ourselves, and to meet and engage each other with kindness and patience.”