What's Right with Ord?
What’s Right with Ord? Wednesday, June 22 | 12:00 – 1:00 PM CDT A livestream event (Facebook and YouTube) Over the past 20 years, the
What’s Right with Ord?
Wednesday, June 22 | 12:00 – 1:00 PM CDT
Over the past 20 years, the area in and around Ord, Nebraska, has counted over $125 million of private and public investment, resulting in the creation of more than 100 businesses and 350 jobs. But it hasn’t always been this way.
Nurturing entrepreneurship has been a key factor in stabilizing the community’s population, growing its economic base and making it an attractive place for young professionals to live. What lessons can others learn from the community’s successes and challenges it has faced along the way? How do Ord’s experiences compare and connect with those of other heartland communities?
Join Journal Executive Editor Chris Green in conversation with:
• Don Macke, senior vice president, e2 – Entrepreneurial Ecosystems – Hosted by NetWork Kansas
• Caleb Pollard, co-owner of Scratchtown Brewing Co.
• Trent Proskocil, co-owner of Valley Thunder Rods and Restoration
• Mike Sherry, Journal contributor
• Alejandro Arias-Esparza, custom civic engagement manager, Kansas Leadership Center
• Julia Fabris McBride, chief leadership development officer, Kansas Leadership Center
If you haven’t received a copy of the spring edition of The Journal, you may register below to have one sent to you.
(Wednesday) 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Entrepreneur Claudia Amaro finds empowerment & connection September 22, 2023
- Claudia Yaujar-Amaro encuentra empoderamiento y la conexión September 22, 2023
- A Conversation Series on Immigration and Demographic Change July 12, 2023
- Urban League: Inspiring Action Through Community Leadership June 16, 2023