JOIN THE KLC TEAM
The Kansas Leadership Center, located in Wichita, KS, is a non-profit organization founded in 2007 dedicated to improving the civic culture in Kansas through innovative leadership education. KLC believes that with enhanced leadership skills, Kansans from all walks of life can exercise leadership to the benefit of their organizations, communities, neighborhoods, schools and professions.
SEEKING TEACHERS AND FACILITATORS FOR NEW KLC FIELD TEAMS
KLC announces tryouts for nine new teaching positions on travelling field teams. Tryouts will be held in Wichita on Monday November 4, 3 pm to 7 pm, and Tuesday November 5, 8:30 am to Noon at the Kansas Leadership Center, 325 E. Douglas, and in Kansas City, Kansas on Monday, November 11 and Tuesday, November 12 at KCK Chamber of Commerce, 727 Minnesota Avenue, Kansas City, KS 66101.
The new Field Teams initiative is a training ground for KLC’s Core Teaching Team. Field Team members deliver short outreach programs to rural communities and urban neighborhoods statewide.
Ideal candidates have front of the room facilitation experience and flexibility to travel within the state of Kansas. The yearlong contract features five workdays per month, a monthly stipend, and valuable professional development and mentoring.
Ideal candidates possess:
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Strong facilitation and listening skills.
- Willingness to model the KLC leadership principles and competencies in their own lives.
- Desire to work as a team to deliver KLC ideas in local communities.
- Cultural intelligence, including the curiosity and humility necessary to engage productively with people from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Eagerness to develop capacity to teach and share the KLC ideas.
- Aspiration to join the KLC Core Teaching Team.
KLC is casting as broad a net as possible during the search process. Prior experience using or teaching the KLC ideas is not necessary for success.
The application process includes:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to JoinTheTeam@kansasleadershipcenter.org by October 14, 2019. Tryout times will be scheduled upon receipt.
- At tryouts each candidate has 15 minutes to teach a leadership-related idea and facilitate a conversation among a small group.
- Fifteen finalists invited to interviews in late November.
- Selection of the field teams members complete by December 15, 2019.
For more information please contact Julia Fabris McBride, vice president, phone: 620.402.0770, email: firstname.lastname@example.org